God or whoever, make the axe fall away from Ganguly!
Now that the Indian team showed their spineless back and lost shamefully on day 4 at Karachi, the question arises about who the culprits are and some would be dropped for their below-par performances for the next Test India plays. Let me just voice down my list.
- Dravid & Sehwag - for failing twice, but can be pardoned as that twice unfortunately happened to be in the same Test.
- Laxman - somebody please tell him that his days at the top are over and its high time he got back to domestic cricket and torment the neighbouring state bowlers with those himalayan scores.
- Tendulkar - once a genius. Enough is enough, he is NEVER going to win a Test for India. Infact, he has started to lose them for India. Retire please!
- Ganguly - please don't axe him, he looked his best in a long time in this Test. Though he made just 34 & 37, I am sure that he has that hunger in him and there is still more runs in his bat.
- Yuvraj - Inspite of some brilliant innings here and there, he is not yet completely ready for Test cricket, but still I would play him in my team rather than Laxman/Tendulkar. He has to show more consistency.
- Dhoni - can't fault his keeping and he can kill any attack on his day.
- Pathan - super find for the team. Very unfortunate to have taken a world-record hat-trick and ended up on the losing side.
- Kumble (& Harbhajan) - have to show more character in unresponsive pitches also.
- Zaheer & RP Singh - first culprits in this loss as they gifted as many boundary-balls as possible when we had Pakistan at 39 for 6 on day one.
The above list is only about the XI that played in Karachi. Harbhajan Singh alone manages to find a spot there as that expectation suits him very well.
I really fear that Ganguly would be dropped from the side for the England series citing that he failed in Karachi, but you have to remember that it was the first time he got to bat in the series.